thai coriander, canley vale (online ordering courtesy of menulog)

A lot of you will realise by now that I love eating out but hate leaving the comforts of my own house. I just don't like the hassle of having to dress up and look presentable each time I do go out for a meal. So, naturally you can just imagine how torn I am when I see all these mouthwatering photos pop up on my Instagram and Twitter feed.

So, when Menulog No.1 for Online Takeway provided me with a $30 voucher for a delivery order, I was super excited. And with my uni exams right around the corner, it could not have come at a better time!


Menulog is a website that makes ordering takeaway food online very simple. Once you type in your suburb or postcode, it provides you with an extensive list of restaurants in or near your area. Since I live in small suburb in Western Sydney, I didn't expect to see so many different restaurants to choose from.

If you're like me, and you're very indecisive, Menulog has a rating system which shows you reviews and overall rating of each restaurant. There's also a 'Promotions' column where you'll see meal deals, loyalty discounts or even freebies like a free drink with your order. Hopefully these can help you decide on a restaurant.

take-away restaurants in fairfield:



I felt like Thai so all I had to do was check the box for Thai cuisine on the left hand column. In the end, I decided to go with Thai Coriander which has a speed rating of 8.5 and an overall rating of 7.1. After you pick the restaurant, information such as its address, discounts available, peer reviews, the minimum order required, payment options and menu are all available. Delivery was free for this particular restaurant so I was pretty pleased.

It's all very easy to use with the food separated into categories and your order displayed on the right hand column.

Once you've chosen your dishes, click place your order, enter your contact details and wait a few minutes for a mobile confirmation of your order and the expected delivery time.

mobile confirmation:

I was pretty pleased when the door bell rang 15 minutes early. I opened the door to find a young man holding a large bag of my goodies.

After reading the reviews on Menulog, I found that some people did not receive their free 1.25L bottle of soft drink (which comes for free when you spend $50 or more) so I specifically commented for them not to forget the bottle of soft drink just to make sure they didn't forget.

exotic pad thai - prawns ($15.90):
Thin rice noodles stir fried with bean sprouts, garlic, chives, topped with crushed peanuts. The online menu stated that seafood options are specially wrapped in a intricate egg nest but no egg nest could be found when I opened the box. I am rarely disappointed with any pad thai but I've got to say I was a little disappointed with this dish - texture wise. The noodles had been squished into the box so tightly that it molded into the shape of the box and did not come apart. Also perhaps because the prawns had been sitting in a heated little box I thought they were a little overcooked.

pad see ew - beef ($11.90):
Stir fried flat rice noodles with soy sauce, mixed vegetables and egg. The noodles are smoky and coated in a thick sweet soy sauce. I found the texture of the noodles to be a tad bit too soft but other than that I was pretty satisfied with this dish.

yum chicken feet ($10.90):
Boneless chicken feet combined with Thai herbs, red onions, lemon juice, chilli and mint. I thought this was the highlight of the meal. The dish packs a punch of chilli and is delightfully tangy from the lemon juice. The chicken feet are chewy, the vegetables are fresh and chilled, it feels light and it really increases your appetite.

red curry - beef ($11.90):


Medium Thai curry with red chilli paste cooked with coconut milk, bamboo shoots, basil and mixed vegetables. The curry was sweet and very rich from the coconut milk. I picked a medium level of spiciness and felt that it wasn't spicy at all so next time I think I would turn the spicy levels up a notch. The beef was tender and the vegetables were also very pleasant.

The meal costed $50.60 altogether and I was happy to pay the extra $20.60. There was enough food to feed 4 people and some left over for lunch the next day.

mobile app:





I've just downloaded the free app for Android and with the positive experience I had using this service, I will definitely be using Menulog again. I love the idea of Menulog mainly because it lets me eat in the comfort of my own home.

Menulog: http://www.menulog.com.au/
Menulog's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Menulog.com.au
Thai Coriander 
Shop 4 & 5 47-49 Canley Vale Rd
Canley Vale, NSW 2166
f: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thai-Coriander/1387920838142451
t: (02) 9727 7798
w: http://www.thaicoriander.com.au/

Thai Coriander on Urbanspoon
Disclaimer: polyphagia ♣ received a $30 voucher courtesy of Menulog. Opinions are however my own.


8 comments:

  1. Looks perfect. Food delivered in no time.I will download the app and try it. Thanks for the info
    restaurant online ordering system

    ReplyDelete
  2. your topic is very nice..online ordering system for restaurants and helpful to us....Thank you for the information

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is very informative. Eating mindfully has been very hard for people these days. It's all because of their busy schedules, work or lack of focus on themselves. As a student I must admit that I have not been eating mindfully but because of this I will start now. It could help me enjoy my food and time alone. Eating mindfully may help me be aware of healthy food and appreciating food.
    เลข ทะเบียน สวย

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog on daily basis. takeaway ordering system This is really great and informative post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is very nice thanks for sharing this blogs.

    food ordering system

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must say you are having excellent writing skills along with the knowledge of the trendiest web app development technologies. I wish you all the very best for your upcoming write up’s and also I hope that in the near future I will get some more creative cum informational articles on your blog.


    Online Ordering System For Small Business
    Online Food Software Gurugram NCR
    Table Ordering System For Restaurant
    Dining Ordering System
    Electronic Menu For Restaurants
    online delivery tracking software
    Digital Menu For Restaurants
    Online Ordering Restaurant POS System
    mobile food ordering software

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+