petaling street: malaysian hawker food, kingsford

Petaling Street is Sydney's second franchise of a Malaysian restaurant chain originating from Melbourne. You might be more familiar with the branch on George Street near Haymarket. The one in Kingsford is located on the busy strip on Anzac Parade, right next to Passionflower!

The menu is pretty extensive, from simple and comforting hawker food to proper mains. I am an extremely indecisive person so while I appreciate the range of options, it will also take me approximately an hour to decide what I want. 

Fortunately, today was one of those days where I knew exactly what I wanted - chicken. 

traditional roast chicken rice set ($11.80):

The roast chicken with rice set includes a generous serving of rice, which is served with 1/4 roast chicken and chicken soup. The roast chicken was divine with perfectly caramelised skin. The chicken is drizzled with a sweet and light soy sauce and thus the skin less crispy than it looks. Nevertheless the chicken is super tender and paired very well with the ginger and chilli sauce. Although the rice was fragrant and flavoursome, I found it to be a little undercooked.

ipoh hor fun ($10.80):


Rice noodle soup served with boneless steamed chicken and bean sprouts. The hot bowl of noodle soup was perfect for the recent chilly weather. It was a clear and very light broth enhanced by the addition of shallots, fried shallots and some fried garlic. The steamed chicken arrived separately on a bed of bean sprouts. Like the roast chicken, the steamed version was also tender and extremely succulent.

Since it's located so close to uni and very student-friendly with the prices and proportions, I can definitely see myself here again in the future!
Petaling Street: Malaysian Hawker Food
Shop 4 438-448 Anzac Parade
Kingsford, NSW 2032
f: https://www.facebook.com/officialpetalingstreetsydney
t: (02) 9662 8880
w: http://www.petalingst.com.au/

Petaling Street: Malaysian Hawker Food on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I'm terribly indecisive too, on just about everything but especially when it comes to making choices on menus! I've heard so much about petaling street, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, because I'm not usually around that part of the city (and much less Kingsford haha)- but the food looks so good! The chicken looks so smooth and tender, definitely need to try it when I visit. Out of the two you had, which was your favourite? (might help me choose faster haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I can't even decide! They were both pretty good! Maybe go with a friend and order both like I did hahahaha but If I absolutely had to choose, I would go for the roast chicken.

      Delete

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+