christie's seafood excellence, pyrmont

What's better than lunch at Sydney's Fish Markets on a lazy afternoon? Nothing.

The weather is great - much warmer than the past gloomy and rainy week. My family decides to drive all the way to Pyrmont for a good dose of fresh seafood. Parking at the Fish Markets is $3 for the first hour and an additional $5 for every half an hour after that.

outdoor seating:


Every time we visit the Fish Markets, the first thing we search for are fresh oysters. Although we love oysters steamed with shallots and garlic, we're always craving for raw oysters. We usually head towards Christie's seafood excellence to satisfy these cravings, which is the first store on your left from the car park entrance into the main part of the markets.

christie's seafood excellence:

These Sydney rock oysters were from Greenwell Point. I prefer the smaller oysters than to the huge ones.

a dozen oysters ($18.90):
These rock oysters are rich and creamy with a really smooth texture. They were really plump and fresh. This is my favourite way of eating oysters - freshly shucked with a squeeze of lemon. Can't wait to come back for more.

I seriously love Sydney.

christie's seafood excellence
waterfront arcade sydney fish market bank st
pyrmont NSW 2009
t: (02) 9552 3333
w: http://www.christiesseafoods.com/

Christie's Seafood Excellence - Sydney Fish Market on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+