creamy garlic mushroom omelette

I love button mushrooms! They're one of my favourite types of mushrooms and I love eating it with a little bit of melted butter and garlic. Last night, at around 2AM, I overheard my mum talking to my aunt about leaving the house in the morning, which suddenly gave me this urge to make a nice breakfast (don't ask me why). I ended up making more than I could finish.

Surprisingly, it turned out to be much more creamier, thicker and heartier than I expected, which was nice.

To get rid of the water from the mushrooms, toss it around the pan on a medium-high heat until the mushrooms turned brown and then, set it aside on a plate. Melted butter and fried the garlic until slightly golden before re-adding the mushrooms back into the pan.

recipe: creamy garlic mushroom omelette
what you'll need:

  • a handful of button mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup of milk
  • and handful of grated cheese or you could cut 1 piece of slice cheese into thin strips
  • 2 small cloves of garlic, diced 
  • 1 teaspoon of butter (or more depending on your tastes)
  • 1 large egg or 2 small eggs
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • cooking oil
  • what to do:
    1. Trim the stem of the mushrooms and slice into very thin pieces.
    2. Throw them in a heated non-stick pan and toss them around until slightly brown (don't need to cook them).
    3. Once brown, set the mushrooms aside on a separate plate. 
    4. In the same pan, melt the butter and fry the garlic slightly before adding the mushrooms back into the pan. Mix around for about 30 seconds before adding the milk and then the cheese.
    5. Let the mushrooms slowly simmer in the milk while you prepare the eggs. 
    6. Coat a different pan with some oil, or more butter. Beat the eggs and cook it so it forms a sort of pancake like thing. Keep swirling it in the pan until it sets to your liking.
    7. While you're cooking the egg, keep and eye on your mushrooms and make sure to stir it around from time to time. When it has reduced to a thickish consistency to your liking, season with salt and pepper.
    8. Spoon the mushroom over on half of the omelette and flip the omelette over to over the mushrooms. You can add some more cheese over the mushrooms before flipping the omelette over.
    9. Finally, you can garnish your dish with some chopped parsley or spring onions. 
    A nice way to start off unwelcomed Mondays.



    Hope you enjoy the rest of your week! I know I won't be! (Uni is starting boohoo).

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Instagram Photostream

    Twitter Updates



    Meet The Author

     photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

    Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

    I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

    Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

    Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

    Google+