peanut butter and marshmallow oreo bars

Marshmallows and oreos were on sale at Coles and I bought some for a sleepover. We didn't end up eating them so I tried researching some recipes online. I couldn't find any recipes with just some extra ingredients at home so I decided to experiment! I found some crunchy peanut butter spread in the pantry and decided to use it. It turned out better than expected!






ingredients:

recipe: peanut butter and marshmallow oreo bars

what you'll need:

for the base:

  • 12 crushed oreos 
  • 3/4 tablespoon of butter
  • 1 tablespoon of milk


  • for the body:

  • 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon of water
  • marshmallows
  • a handful of chocolate chips (optional)
  • what to do:
    1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Line a small pan with foil. Grease the foil with either butter or oil.
    2. For the base, place oreos in a zip-lock bag and ground or roll with a rolling pin (or any other tool) until the oreos are are quite crumby.
    3. Melt butter in the microwave and add the milk.
    4. Combine the butter and milk mixture with the oreos and mix until consistent.
    5. Pour the mixture into the pan and slightly press down with cling wrap so it has a flat-ish top.
    6. Place in the oven and bake for a few minutes (I baked it for about 5 minutes).
    7. While it is baking, microwave the butter for 10 seconds (or a little more) so that it is soft enough to turn into a more liquidier state. Dilute the taste the of the peanut butter depended on how sweet you want the end product to taste by adding water to the peanut butter. Mix until smooth and consistent. 
    8. Once the oreo base has finished baking, I increased the oven temperature to 210 °C.
    9. Gently spread however much of the peanut butter mixture you want onto the top. Scatter some chocolate chips here and there before covering the oreos with a marshmallow. I simply lined them down with either one of the flat side of a marshmallow down.
    10. Place it back into the oven and bake for another 3-5 minutes or until the marshmallows tops begin to brown.
    11. Let them cool and cut them into small squares. (The small size is recommended since it's so sweet.
    If you don't want it to end up too sweet, use more water or don't add the chocolate chops. You could even cut the marshmallows in half instead of using one full one.

    peanut butter and marshmallow oreo bars:

    You can place them in the fridge overnight to eat again since it also tastes good when the marshmallow hardens. Remember to separate each square with foil or lunch wrapping since it can get sticky and messy if they stick together.

    Have fun!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Instagram Photostream

    Twitter Updates



    Meet The Author

     photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

    Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

    I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

    Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

    Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

    Google+