glass noodle salad

glass noodle salad:
crushing peanuts/ingredients:

recipe: glass noodle salad with mint, coriander, lettuce and onion.
what you will need:
  • 1 egg (hard boiled)
  • your choice of meat
  • sesame seeds, fried shallots, crushed peanuts 
  • red and green cabbage (shredded), some coriander and mint leaves
  • sesame oil, soy sauce (I use to premium soy sauce from lee kum kee) and lemon juice
  • one cake sweet potato cellophane noodles (about 75g) (you can just any sort of noodles, but i use the type for making japchae) 
what to do:
  1. Place the noodles in boiling water. Keeping the fire at the same level, when it next comes to a boil (should take about a minute), turn the heat down (not off!) for another 4-6 minutes depending on how hard you want your noodles
  2. While the noodles are being cooked, in a large bowl mix together your meat, shredded red and green cabbage, chopped coriander and mint leaves and onions ( I soak mine in vinegar and lemon juice!)
  3. When you feel the noodles are read drain them, run it through cold water and place it in the same bowl as the noodles.
  4. Add about 2 teaspoons of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or the juice you soaked your onions in! Then add sesame seeds and crushed peanuts. Mix well. 
  5. Top with some more coriander, fried shallots and the egg cut in half.
  6. If you like, you can add some chilli into it!
For the choice of meat, I find that shredded chicken (shredded from chicken breasts that have been cooked in water/chicken stock in a crock pot  for a few hours, or in seasoned soup over the stove for about 20-30 minutes) and boiled pork to be good choices if you are looking for something healthy. If you would like to indulge a little bit more, nice fatty bacon always does the trick.

the final product:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+