mr crackles, darlinghurst

Who doesn't love crunching down a piece of well-cooked pork crackling? When I heard about Mr Crackles from a friend, I knew I had to try it. Once I stepped into the store, I had my eyes glued to the pork crackling on the display counter. There was a ray of light shining on it, and you could almost hear the spiritual angel music playing in the background.

mr crackles:

I think Mr Crackles serves the ultimate comfort foods, it's quick, it's perfect for any weather and has the ability to suck all the sadness within your body.




crackling cups ($5.00):
It's a tiny casual eatery on Oxford Street with very little few seats. The lack of seats probably makes take-away a much better option.
Although Mr Crackles does produce rolls with chicken, lamb, beef etc, we were here for the pork. Look at those tiny cups of artery clogging goodness.

crackles classic ($12.00):

Crisp skinned slow roast five spiced pork belly served with Vietnamese salad in a roll. To me, it was exactly like a pork belly and crackling banh mi. Fat chunks of roast pork with golden shards of crackling on a springy roll is accompanied with pickled carrot and cucumber.The cracking was super crispy and the pork was just so tender, sweet and flavoursome. Loved it.

crispy pork nacho fries ($12.00):

Is this the next evolution in nachos? Thin fries are laced with tomato salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream, spring onions and a generous mound of roast pork and crackling. I wouldn't classify this as a side. One serving of this would fill you up instantly. This was heavenly.

Although it probably won't be good for my health, I do want to come back soon and try their other rolls and have more crackling. Just the nachos fries and roll by itself were enough for three people to enjoy. Can't wait till next time because I had such a crackling good time here!
Mr Crackles
155 Oxford Street
Darlinghurst NSW, 2010
f: https://www.facebook.com/mrcrackles
t: (02) 8068 2832
w: http://www.mrcrackles.com.au/

Mr Crackles on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I really liked the Crackles classic! Really wanna try the crispy pork nacho fries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I feel like a cup of crackling right now!

      Delete

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+