dumpling patties

On a relatively old episode of Happy Together, where Kim Kyung ho was featured as a guest, he introduced his dumpling patty, which only required two ingredients! It was so simple - anyone can make these dumpling patties.


In my household, whenever we make dumplings, we tend to make more than we can actually eat for that meal so the leftovers are usually wrapped up and frozen. Over the next few days, my mum would try to get us to finish up the leftovers by boiling them or pan frying them like Japanese gyoza. But sometimes that gets a bit boring and it gets left alone in the freezer for a while. This was until I saw the recipe for dumpling patties and thought it would be a nice alternative to eating plain old dumplings.

The original recipe used store bought Korean mandu but I used Chinese Jiaozi. They were relatively small compared to the mandus so I only used 1 egg. My dumplings usually have a pork and cabbage filling but you can use any dumpling with whatever filling you like.

All you have to do is mash up the dumplings, add to the egg mixture, fry and you're done!

And the end result is a thick chewy pancake with a lovely crispy edge.

Recipe: 만두랑땡 by 김경호 
Ingredients:
  • 4 small dumplings
  • 1 egg
  • pepper (optional)
  • finely chopped spring onions (optional)
What to do:
  1. Steam or boil your dumplings until they are cooked.
  2. Mash it or chop it.
  3. In a bowl, beat the eggs before adding the mashed dumplings.
  4. Optional: add some pepper and finely chopping spring onions.
  5. Combine well.
  6. In a heated pan, add some oil.
  7. Pour the dumpling egg mixture into pan.
  8. Fry on medium heat until both sides are golden brown and the egg is thoroughly cooked throughout. 
  9. Serve hot. (Optional: I served it with a sauce consisting of soy sauce and some vinegar).


So simple, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+