chur burger, surry hills

Chur Burger has been voted best burgers in Sydney and naturally, I've been wanting to try it out. Seeing as I get on and off at Central Station so often, I was surprised at how it was located so close to the station and I still hadn't made the trip to try their burgers.

A short English lesson.

Chur Burger pretty much only offers six types of burgers on its menu - beef, pork, chicken, vegetarian, fish and lamb.

beef burger ($10.00):

Grilled beef with cheese, tomato jam, mustard mayo and pickles. A burger with flavours we all know work well together. It's simple and executed very well. The bun is soft and its bowl like properties stop the sauce from dripping out. I don't think you can go wrong with this choice.

lamb burger ($10.00):

Grilled lamb burger with mint sauce, feta, red onion and aioli. Lamb and mint, the perfect marriage. The lamb itself is succulent with a slight tinge of pink and paired with both feta and mint sauce (You can't go wrong with this combination!). The addition of aioli just makes it even better while the onion helps to cut down the greasiness from the aioli and feta. For me, lamb is pretty high up on my meat ranking so I had high expectations for this and it delivered!

pulled pork burger ($10.00):

Pulled pork, Chur BBQ sauce, red slaw, fennel mayo. Often things can go terribly wrong with pulled pork but the pork today was tender and sweet. This was probably the best looking burger out of the three with its vibrant and crunchy red slaw.

sweet potato fries ($5.00):



We also decided to try Chur Burger's sweet potato fries. They're thick, full and sweet. A few with your burger are great but as much as I love sweet potato, it gets a bit too sweet after a while. They pretty much tasted like roast sweet potato.

The burgers look small, but are actually super filling and each burger is just packed full of flavour. At such a convenient location, I'll be back soon to try the fish and chicken burgers!
Chur Burger
48 Albion Street
Surry Hills NSW 2010
f: https://www.facebook.com/ChurBurger
t: (02) 9212 3602
w: http://www.churburger.com.au/

Chur Burger on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+