tan viet noodle house, cabramatta

After volunteering at the Swisse Colour Run today, my friends and I were absolutely exhausted and extremely hungry. We had massive cravings for something simple, filling and cheap but couldn't decide between crispy chicken or charcoal chicken from El Jannah. In the end we picked Tan Viet mainly because it was just closer to home.

Tan Viet is a popular restaurant well known for their crispy skinned chicken so naturally, there's a line that extends around the corner of the building (Even on weekdays!). My family, friends and I come here so often I usually don't remember to bring my camera to take pictures but this time, I made sure to take it with me.

tan viet noodle house:
crispy chicken with tomato rice ($12.00):
I probably don't have to describe it but the golden chicken skin is just so thin and crisp and the meat is so moist and tender. I can't get enough of it.

crispy chicken with egg noodles in soup ($12.00):
The tomato rice and egg noodles are equally as good. It just depends on what you prefer that day.

crispy chicken with dry egg noodles ($12.00):
Both noodle dishes are topped with fresh chives, lettuce, coriander, fried garlic, and a small bowl of fish sauce loaded with chilli flakes. There's a lovely sauce underneath all noodles in the dry dish so make sure you mix it well before digging in.

For some, the trek all the way down to Cabramatta might be too much of a hassle but believe me - it's worth it. .

Chicken cravings satisfied.
Tan Viet Noodle House
100 John Street
Cabramatta NSW 2166
t: (02) 9727 6853

Tan Viet Noodle House on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+