poached egg and bacon on toast


Poached eggs are just so versatile and go well with so many ingredients - asparagus, smoked salmon, cheese, salads, bacon, spinach, mushrooms, avocado, pesto, potatoes, noodles, rice, toast and the list goes on. Usually I like my poached eggs on a cheesy toast with some avocado and crispy bacon.

poached egg on and bacon on toast:

This is a simple recipe for lazy people such as myself. Instead of using a frying pan, I baked my bacon instead so that I wouldn't have to wash too many pots and pans later.


Recipe: Poached Egg and Bacon on Toast
Ingredients:
  • a poached egg
  • a clove of garlic
  • slice of bread
  • a rasher of bacon (or more if you like)
  • butter to spread on your toast (optional)
  • a slice of cheddar cheese (optional)
  • chopped chives (optional)
  • pinch of salt
  • pinch of pepper
What to do:
  1. Preheat oven to 210°C.
  2. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil. 
  3. Slice bacon into about 3cm x 1.5cm strips and mince the garlic. 
  4. Place your bacon strips on to the foil, making sure they aren't overlapping each other and evenly sprinkle garlic over them.
  5. Take your slice of bread spread a thin layer of butter on one side and place the slice of cheese over it. Place on baking tray with bacon and bake until the slice of bread is golden brown or to your liking. Remove the slice of toast from the oven and allow the bacon strips to continue baking until crisp or to your liking.
  6. Once bacon strips are done, arrange it on the toast and place the poached egg on top.
  7. Garnish with chives, spring onions or parsley.
  8. Add a pinch of salt and pepper before serving. 

Instead of butter, I usually prefer some avocado (with a tiny squeeze of lemon) or a few roasted asparagus on my toast. When there are some cherry tomatoes, button or portobello mushrooms around, I bake that with the bacon and add it onto my toast.



A very simple and perfect start on gloomy days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+