dinosaur bar-b-que, new york


I have to admit I was pretty upset over not being able to try Fette Sau during my stay in New York.

But all was not lost because I still got to try the famous barbecued meats from Dino BBQ!


It had a great vibe to it - super relaxed, loud and just great for when you need a place to congregate in big groups, eat lots of meat and let loose.

We started off with a huge plate of wings.

Garlic Chipotle Jumbo BBQ Chicken Wings (13 for $14.95):
Spice-rubbed, pit-smoked, then finished on the grill. Served with Maytag blue cheese dressing, celery sticks. 
These giant spice-rubbed and pit-smoked chicken wings were the best appetizers! The skin was gorgeously charred, smokey, tender and packed full of flavour. There was enough heat so that the insides of your mouth could really feel the burn from the spicy chipotle yet not damaging to the point where you couldn't enjoy the garlic and smoke. Dip them into that cup of blue-cheese dressing and follow that up with a celery stick.

3 Combo ($21.95):
Pulled pork, BBQ brisket and link sausage served with two sides. 


For me, the brisket was the star among the three meats (no surprises there). It was served with a dollop of barbecue sauce and accompanied with sliced jalapeno peppers. Although they were thicker cuts than what you would usually find, they tasted perfect. The tender tasting meat was cradled by a smokey char along the edge, capped by juicy fat and hugged by a beautiful pink smoke ring. This must be on your table.

The pulled pork was drenched in a sweet-tart like sauce, adding moisture yet retaining the meats' own original flavours. Following the brisket, this was my next favourite meat!

Full Rack (12 Ribs for $28.50):
Our St. Louis Ribs are dry rubbed and slow pit-smoked, then lightly glazed with our original bbq sauce. Includes corn bread and 2 sides. 

I haven't had ribs like these in ages! They were meaty, smokey and tender! So tender, it was almost falling off the bone! The BBQ glaze is what sets these delicious pig bones apart.

So, if you're near one of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que's many locations, make sure to drop in to quench your thirst for a good quality barbecued meats!
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
700 W 125th St
Morningside Heights, New York 10027
f: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dinosaur-BBQ/167893659897691
t: (212) 694-1777
w: http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/bbq-harlem

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+