chat thai, haymarket

Is it just me, or do Thai places all have that yellow, black and white colour scheme? (like Home Thai). Anyway it had been such a long time since the team went out for a meal and we were craving pad thai!

chat thai:
Chat Thai is located on Campbell Street opposite of Capital Square. We arrived right in between lunch and dinner so there was no line. At first we were only there for pad thai and desserts but there were so many choices to choose from and in the end, we ordered more than we should so we couldn't try many desserts.

gai satay ($2.00 each):
Skewered and char grilled chicken fillets marinated in garlic, turmeric and coriander roots. Accompanied with peanut sauce and salsa of pickled cucumber and red onions. The meat was so tender and I absolutely loved the nutty taste to it.

yum woon sen ($14.90):
Salad of glass noodles with minced chicken, calamari, mussels and prawns. We've seen our lovely Thai friend eat something similar to this for lunch so many times before and so we decided to try it today. They are generous with the seafood and the tangy and spicy lemon dressing really does tickle your taste buds/. It gets a little chilli after a while but nothing extreme.

pad thai ($9.90):
Stir fried thin rice noodles with chicken, dried shrimps,bean sprouts, garlic and chives in a tamarind and palm sugar sauce. Pad thai is always a fail-safe dish to order at a Thai eatery. The balance between sour, sweet and savoury and the slightly smokiness is perfect for me.

khanom buaing ($1.00 each):
Sweet thin wafers filled with meringue and threads of candied egg yolk or sweet and savoury with candied herbs. Decided to try this since I read in other reviews that it was really good but turned out to be a slight disappointment. The wafers were super soft and the meringue was still gooey but had hardened quite a bit. It was a lot less sweeter than I would have liked it to be.

Overall the experience was great. The lunch time menu is extensive with many dishes for $10 or under. I want to come back just to eat through the dessert menu!
chat thai
20 campbell st
haymarket NSW 2000
t: (02) 9211 1808
m: http://www.chatthai.com.au/

Chat Thai Haymarket on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+