stix desserts, surry hills

After our lunch at Devon Cafe, we walked up to Crown Street to have dessert at Stix! The idea is pretty cool - choose your gelato or sorbet flavour, dunk it into chocolate and coat it in various toppings. The lady behind the counter was nice enough to let us taste some of the flavours before we picked what we wanted!

quote of the day:
salted caramel gelato with milk chocolate coated in peanuts ($4.50):

The salted caramel is one Stix's most popular flavours and I can see why - the flavour is rich and there's a perfect balance of saltiness and sweetness. I think I prefer this over Messina's salted caramel. And you can't go wrong with peanuts and milk chocolate.

apple pie gelato with white chocolate coated in peanuts ($4.50):

I decided to get the apple pie which has a very creamy texture. It tasted more like the pastry part of the apple pie than anything else (something I love!) and it can be a bit too sweet if dipped in white chocolate but thankfully the generous coating of crushed peanuts prevented it from being too sweet.

With more toppings and syrup coating options, I think there's great potential for Stix to be something more. If you're unsure as to what you'd like to buy, just ask the server to let you try some of the flavours and make some recommendations!
Stix Desserts
620 Crown St
Surry Hills, NSW 2010
f: https://www.facebook.com/StixDesserts
t: (02) 9319 6880

Stix Desserts on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. love stix, the salted caramel is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. According to Google Maps, it's a 6 minute walk from House of Crabs!! Let's go after!!

      Delete
  3. been hearing so much about stix desserts lately. can definitely see why especially after looking at that salted caramel *drooools*

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+