satang thai exclusive, haymarket

Satang Thai Exclusive is a Thai restaurant conveniently located from Central Station and a couple of minutes walk from University of Technology, Sydney as well as Sydney University. The restaurant is popular among uni students with wallet friendly prices and a huge range of dishes to choose from - curries, salads, noodles, rice served with seafood, veges and tofu or chicken, beef or pork. 

They have another dining location called Satang Thai Tuckshop on George Street and a Takeaway branch (they have lower prices!), which is just across the street next to Harmony Supermarket.

satang thai:


Images above were taken from Satang Thai Facebook Page

Although the restaurant looks tiny, it's actually a double storey restaurant with a classy brick wall and wooden furniture. The glass walls gives such a open and modern feel to the restaurant with the natural light seeping in.

beef pad prik ($8.90):
Beef wok fried with onion, shallot, chilli and garlic served with steamed rice. I would definitely recommend this dish. The beef is full of flavour with just a hint of chilli and the onions and shallots made it really fragrant and appetising.

khao mon gai ($9.90):
Steamed chicken with garlic rice served with spicy ginger and soya bean sauce. Since I always order Pad Thai or Pad See Ew, I decided to go with something different and ordered the Chef's recommendation - Khao Mon Gai, the Thai take on Hainanese chicken rice. With the Thai version, instead of just your regular ginger, garlic and oil etc sauce combination, you have vinegar, some lime juice, hint of chilli and salted soy bean paste. It's sweet, aromatic and slightly acidic to get your taste buds going. And of course, the boneless chicken pieces were so smooth and tender. Loved it.

chicken green curry with steamed rice ($8.90):

The green curry consisted of chicken, coconut milk, green curry paste, eggplant, bamboo shoots, green bean and sliced long chilli. The dish was spicy but not too unbearable so that the flavours were lost. The eggplants were a nice addition with a very distinct flavour.

The prices at Satang Thai Exclusive were quite reasonable and the meal was more than satisfying with generous servings and lovely flavours. Would love to come back another time.
Satang Thai Exclusive
203-204/107-121 Quay Street
Haymarket NSW 2000
f: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Satang-Thai-Exclusive/141074349273245
t: (02) 9212 5885

Satang Thai Exclusive on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+