three williams, redfern



Okay, I'm EXTREMELY late to the party but what's important is that I'm finally here!


Three Williams is a cafe located on Elizabeth Street - pretty much right in the centre of Central and Redfern. It's a short walk from either stations.We arrived at at 11am on a Tuesday and thankfully, there were no lines.

On the weekends, the crowd at the door would make this cafe easy to find but it camouflages pretty well - if you don't take notice of your surroundings you could easily miss the entrance.

Unlike many of the other trendy cafes in the area, Three Williams is actually quite spacious! The interior is very minimalistic and industrial-warehouse-like. There are concrete floors, visible pipes running across the ceilings and down the walls, wooden tables and a large blackboard menu behind the coffee counter.

We start off with fish croquettes and a glass of housemade soda.

Fish croquettes ($3.00/ea):
The fish croquettes were presented to us in a third of an egg carton, served with a wedge of lemon and aioli.The croquettes were super fluffy inside with a perfectly crunchy exterior. I absolutely loved these buttery croquettes! I could have had at least five more

Pineapple and Mint Soda ($5.00):
The soda is house made and was super refreshing with the just the right amount of sweetness.

Peanut Caramel Shake ($6.00):
Also, you can't go wrong with this peanut caramel shake!

Three Williams is known for their 'narnies', which are their signature house made naan-style flat bread with an assortment of fillings. First up was the Prawn Narnie.

Prawn Narnie ($15.00):
Grilled prawns, tzatziki, hummus and sumac
The five succulent prawns were cooked to perfection and tasted great but I thought the other components were a bit lacking. I would definitely have liked to have seen more than just 4 pieces of leafy greens - maybe some avocado to balance out the citric taste of tzatziki.

Beef Brisket Narnie ($15.00):
Glazed beef brisket, slaw, gherkins and chipotle mayo. 
The tender pieces of beef brisket were smokey, flavoursome and definitely went well with the crunchy, refreshing slaw and chipotle. I would have preferred it if it contained more beef brisket since I felt the slaw was slightly overpowering. (There's never enough beef brisket).

Chicken Narnie ($15.00):
Coconut and lime marinated chicken, carrot and daikon salad with nam jim dressing. 
The coconut lime chicken was fragrant, moist and was well complemented with the refreshing, crunchy salad and nam jim dressing. It was fabulous.

And of course, I couldn't leave Three Williams without trying the French Toast or Beer Battered Chips.

Crunchy Brioche French Toast ($15.00):

It arrived looking as gorgeous as it did on Instagram. The crunchy brioche french toast is topped with a generous dollop of yogurt, fresh blueberries, strawberries, crushed roasted pecans and finally drizzled with maple syrup. It was so good - The yogurt, nuts and fresh fruit definitely balanced out the sweetness while the toast itself was perfectly crisp.

Beer Battered Chips with House Aioli  ($7.00):

These are one of the best chips I've had in a while! They were well seasoned and immensely addictive. I heard they were fried three times (correct me if I'm wrong!) and thus super crunchy.
Three Williams
613a Elizabeth Street
Redfern, NSW 2016
f:: https://www.facebook.com/threewilliamscafe
t: (02) 9698 1111
w: http://www.threewilliams.com/

Three Williams on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

  1. Yumm I still haven't arrived at the party but will get there eventually! The french toast and croquettes are my top priority

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram Photostream

Twitter Updates



Meet The Author

 photo lel_zpscf55f250.jpg

Hi there! My name is Anna. I'm nineteen, in my second year of uni (UNSW) and born in Sydney. This blog is about my gastronomic adventures in Australia and abroad. It all started when I got new camera (Samsung Ex1) and since then, I've been mainly taking photos of food. So, I decided to document everything on this blog.

I'm still learning to take nice pictures - my camera isn't exactly the greatest but it works.

Oh, and I think we should get this out of the way (just in case you decide to unfriend me) I'm not a fan of chocolate or coffee. (Yes you saw right).

Anyway, enough about me - thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Google+